- You can get rid of 8 to 5 jobs.
- You can live boss-free life, become you own boss.
- You can earn passive income.
- You can gain fame & recognition.
- You can work from anywhere, no location restrictions.
- No investment required! You only need a computer & internet.
- Choose A Blogging Niche
- Choose A Blogging Platform / Domain Name
- Blogger’s Builtin Themes Vs Custom Themes
- How To Write Ideal Blog Post
- How To Grow Blog Traffic
- How To Earn Money From Blog / Blog Monetization
02. Choose A Blogging Platform
How To Choose A Domain Name
- It should be easy to pronounce.
- It should be easy to remember.
- It should be easy to type.
- It should be brandable.
- From SEO point-of-view it is best if your domain name contains a keyword relevant to your website. Let’s say you have a website about Blogger tutorials. You can use the keyword “Blogger” in your domain like “bloggerhelp.com” or “bloggertips.com” etc.
- If you have a personal blog or portfolio blog you can use your own name as well.
- You can also create a domain name from your “Name” and “Business Name”. Let’s say your name is Jack and you have a business of glasses, you can name it “www.jackoptics.com”.
How To Create A Blogger Blog
Blogger is a platform hosted by Google, so you need to create a Gmail
account. If you already have a Gmail account you can Sign-up with that,
but if you don’t have a Gmail account read this tutorial:
- Open Blogger.com.
- Click “CREATE YOUR BLOG” button.
- You will be redirected to Gmail Sign In.
- Enter your Gmail ID.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Password.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Display Name. Display Name is the blog’s main author or admin name.
- Click “Continue to Blogger”.
- Click the “CREATE NEW BLOG”.
- Enter the Title of your blog means your blog name. In most of the cases your blog name and domain name are same like our blog name is “Meer’s World” and domain name is “www.meersworld.net”. So while choosing your blog name/title always keep your domain name in your mind.
- Enter the Address(URL) of your blog through which your blog will be accessed. It is your domain name. When you will type the Address, it will check for its availability.
- Once you are done with your blog Address choose a Theme. If you are not sure which theme to choose, pick any theme right now because you can change your theme later.
- Click “Create blog!” button.
- Congratulations! You have successfully created a blog on Blogger.
- Click “View blog” or “Downward arrow” at you left side of Blogger dashboard to see your live blog.
How To Create You First Blog Post
- Open your Blogger dashboard.
- Click “+ New Post” at your left.
- The Blogger HTML Editor will be opened.
- Enter the title of your post in the Title bar.
- You can check the preview of your post from Preview Dropdown list at your right side. Click the “Preview post”.
- Though Blogger automatically saves your content while you type, in case if you want to manually save then click “Save” from Preview Dropdown list.
- Once you complete your post click Publish. Your post will be visible on your blog. You can edit your post as many times as you want.
- Labels are similar to categories. Post is linked to the Labels that you write in the Labels Bar. Let’s say you write “HowTo” label there. Now when anyone will click “HowTo” label on your blog, all the blog posts associated with “HowTo” will be listed.
- Always use Labels relevant to your post.
- You can write more than one Label for a post. Use comma(,) to separate one Label from the other.
- Use Backspace to remove a Label.
- By default when you click “Publish” button your post is published automatically.
- In case if you want to schedule your post to be published at some other date and time you can use “Set date and time”.
- “Links” is the URL of your post. Always remember that once you Publish the post the URL cannot be changed, so carefully create your URL.
- There are two options: Automatic Permalink & Custom Permalink.
- Automatic Permalink means Blogger generates link from the title of the post.
- Custom Permalink means, you can add your own link or you can edit/customize the automatic permalink manually.
- You can customize your link after the date.
- Sometimes “Automatic Permalink” generates accurate URL, but sometimes not. So using the “Custom Permalink” you can write accurate URL of your post.
- Insert hyphen(-) after each word in custom URL.
- Don’t write characters like “a”,”the”,”an” etc in your URL.
- You can preview your Custom URL under the Permalink? as we have underlined.
- Don’t write anything on “Title Link?”, “Enclosure Links?” etc.
- “Search Description” allows you to write 150 characters. Mostly the first two lines of the post are written or pasted here. This description is also displayed under the thumbnail when you share a post on Twitter or Facebook.
- “Options” is about reader comments on a post. You can choose whether you want to allow people to comment on your post or not. The default permission is “Allow”.
- Last post Setting option is “Custom Robot Tags”.
- The “default” option will have been selected already. Leave as it is. You have to configure the “Custom Robots Tags” on Blogger Settings.
How To Redirect “.blogspot” To Custom Domain – Optional Feature
- How to choose a domain name
- How to buy/register a new domain
- How to redirect your “.blogspot” URL to custom domain
- How to redirect naked domain to “www”.
03. Builtin Themes Vs Custom Themes
- Find Professional Freelance Blogger Developers Here.
- Mega Menus & Multi-level Menus
- Responsive & Mobile Ready
- Fully Customizable
- Advance Carousels
- Ads & Google AdSense Ready
- Sticky Sidebars
- Advance Comment System
- SEO Ready
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Ajax Support
- Powerful Admin Panels,
- Social Media widgets
- Numbering Pagination
- RTL Support Bootstrap,
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Related Posts widget
- Random Posts widget
- Latest or Specific Label widget
- Social Media Follower-Counter Widget and many more..
- Find the Latest & Most Advance Professional Responsive Blogger Templates Here.
04. How To Write Ideal Blog Post
- Be short and direct. Ask a question or two like “Do you want to know how to write ideal blog post? Here are 10 tips”.
- Share a shocking or interesting relevant fact or statistics like “Do you know that WordPress powers 37% of all the websites on internet”.
- Share something personal.
- Start with a reader’s a question like “Do you have tips for writing ideal blog post? I have… “.
- You can share a relevant quote.
- Briefly summarize the solution or what readers are going to expect in the detail post.
05. How To Grow Your Blog Traffic
- Create official pages or accounts on all popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc. Share your blog posts there. Google also acknowledges and gives weightage to your blog when it brings traffic from different platforms and different locations.
- You can use paid advertisement to promote your content like Google Ads.
- You can share your blog post links on relevant YouTube video comments.
- You can share your blog post links on comments section of different blog articles.
- You can join different forums like Quora where you can answer queries by suggesting your relevant blog posts.
- Ask your friends, relatives & family members to read your articles and share with their friends and family members.
- Send your blog posts via email to your blog subscribers.
- Make sure your blog theme is responsive means it should be fully-compatible with any device like computer, smartphone or iPad. Mobile-friendly posts are indexed and ranked faster on Google. They bring lot of traffic once ranked on Google.
- Check your blog traffic Stats on Blogger dashboard. Link your blog with
Google Search Console & Google Analytics. You will get complete
details of your blog traffic, performance & issues related to your
blog and content.
- Maintain a low bounce rate. Bounce Rate is the percentage of people come to your page and leave without going to another page. It is not a good sign for your website if somebody visits your website and leaves without exploring other pages, tells you that you are doing something terribly wrong.
How To Earn Money From Blog
- Disclaimer page
- About Us page
- Contact Us page
- CJ Affiliate
- Amazon Associates
- Ebay Partner Network
- Impact Radius
- Envato Market